With Good News, Usually Comes Some Bad

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

So, what would you like first, the good news or the bad??
I'm going to start with our good news! If you missed it, YESTERDAY I talked about Stella's white blood cell count being a little off. So, we went BACK to Arkansas Children's Hospital to see a hematologist. The doctor reassured us that everything was absolutely normal and there was no reason for worry! YAY! What a relief! I think now we're actually finished with HOSPITAL visits for a while.
Now, for the bad news....
Stella's appointment was scheduled for 12:30. It wasn't the most ideal time considering that's Wyatt's nap time. We had re-scheduled several times due to weather and Sean's work schedule, so we  had to make it work.  Anyways....we had finally made it to the interstate and were about 15 minutes from the hospital. There has been construction going on for a while now so we knew there would be some traffic. We were on time, it was about 11:45, when the traffic suddenly stopped. We stopped in time to not hit the car in front of us, but unfortunately the car behind us wasn't paying attention and rammed right into us. He pushed us right into the concrete median.
This picture really doesn't do it justice. Most of the damage was underneath on the body and "stuff". The other car actually went up under our rear-end.
We are so thankful that no one was hurt, especially our precious babes who were sleeping in the backseat. Wyatt was over sitting on the side of the road after about 5 minutes. Thank goodness for the iPad and crackers.
I immediately called 9-1-1 and tried my best to explain where we were. I then called the hospital and explained to them what had happened. Luckily they had a 1:30 appointment spot available so I told her we'd do our best to get there. We'd already made it so far.
Our car was definitely not in the best shape but it was good enough to get us to her appointment. Wyatt was in such a bad mood, it was beyond naptime at this point. Sean ended up taking him out to the car once we realized that Stella was healthy, and I stayed in to finish up with the doctor.
Once Stella and I made it to the car it was already almost 3:00. Then we had to figure out what to do with the car. Do we drive it 2 hours home and then back to Little Rock once we get insurance figured out? OR, do we leave it and get a rental. We talked to our insurance agent and he sent us to a service place to see if it was safe for us to drive. Guess what...it wasn't.
Then we were sent on a journey to find a rental car that wasn't a compact car...or a minivan. Sorry, if you drive a minivan. They're just not for me. We finally found an SUV at the airport rental place and drove out and picked it up. Then headed back to the service place to drop off our car.
By this point it was 6. We were starving, the kids were tired of being in the car, and they both had dirty diapers. So what do you do in that situation? You find the nearest Chick-fil-A! Luckily there was one right next to where we were.
We finally made it home at about 8:30 and the nightmare that was our day was over. I'm just so thankful that we were all safe and our Stella is healthy! It definitely could have been worse.
post signature