What a Week...

Monday, January 19, 2015

Hi, all! I'm back...I hope! It's been quite the week and I'm ready to get our lives back to normal.
So, you may remember me writing this POST...oh, I don't know, 13 days ago. Well, after I wrote that I ended up taking Stella back to the doctor the following day, Thursday. Our doctor confirmed that yes, she thought it was reflux as well and sent us home with some Zantac to try and help. 
Stella continued with the coughing and runny nose Friday and Saturday, but the hoarseness did get better. Sunday morning, at about 5, she woke up and I fed her. After feeding her she started having a coughing fit. I mean, it was bad enough that I wasn't even sure if she was coughing or choking. She finally got calmed back down and fell back to sleep.
She woke up again around 8. When she woke up I thought she was feeling really warm, but couldn't really tell if it was just from being cozy or if she had fever. I went ahead and checked her temperature...and watched the numbers climb. I honestly can't remember how high her temperature got but I know it was at 102. To say I was freaking, is an understatement. I immediately woke up Sean and told him we had to go to the ER.  I'm pretty sure that's the fastest we've ever all gotten ready and out the door. As we drove to the hospital I sat in the back with Stella and just made sure she was ok. She was lethargic and pale.
We got to the ER in record time and thankfully there was no one there. We immediately went in to triage and they started taking her vitals. By the time we got there her temperature was already way down, I hadn't even given her anything. The worst part was the nurses trying to get a vain to draw blood. And then finding a vein to start an IV. I'm pretty sure she was poked at least 8 times. The doctors came in and informed me that she had RSV and we were being admitted.
Stella and I were put in isolation in the hospital Sunday and Monday nights, while Sean stayed home with Wyatt. On Monday we were told that she also had a UTI. She was on an IV with antibiotics Monday night and Tuesday morning. Around 5pm on Tuesday we finally got to go home. I've never been so happy to be home. 
Wednesday Mimi came to help us out with Wyatt, and boy were we happy about that! We had doctors appointments with Stella on Thursday and Friday, just to make sure she was fully healed. Thankfully, she's back to her old self! We have to go back one more time this week to have her blood and urine checked but I think she's going to be just fine! 
I'm so glad we had such a beautiful and low-key weekend!
post signature